Thursday, May 31, 2007

Post 6

Integration is defined as bringing different parts together and combining them as a whole. Technology integration is the combination of all technology parts including hardware and software to enhance the learning process. Technology is widely used today in curiculum planning because it offers programs, activities and lessons that teachers cannot always address during class. Integrating technology into the classroom can help students immensly, but it requires education and training on the instructors part. It is important to note that technology should not drive the curiculum, but rather enhance it.

Since my last post, I learned a lot about putting together power point presentations. I knew how to do the basics, but I learned things like animation, master slides, color, and adding pictures. All of these new skills help make the power point presentation more interesting, and therefore will help to better keep children's attention. I think that these skills will help me in my future career as a teacher.

Over the past week I have visited wikispace a few times. I think it is an amazing tool for teachers to share their knowledge. I looked at other teachers' pages and I found a lot of interesting information on photography and fine arts, which is what I am interesded in. I will definitely be using this website in the future.

No comments: