Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Post #1

Technology is developing at a rapid rate, and students at all levels are learning new things every year. I was very interested in the ARC'S Motivational Model while reading chapter 1. This model is very important because, as we all know students will retain more knowledge is they are motivated and interested in what they are learning. Learning techniques should grab the students attention, and keep it for the duration of the activity, they should believe that the information they are learning is relevant, they should be challenged, and they should feel successful when completing a task. The ARC'S model teaches us this, and though developed over twenty years ago, still applies to students in the digital age.

During the first few days of class we went over Microsoft Word. I have been using this program for years and feel as if Ialready know a lot about it.

As a future teacher, I think it is extremely important that I keep up will advances in technology. The students I will be teaching will grow up with these advances and teachers need to keep up. I think that a class in educational technology is very important.

No comments: