Thursday, May 10, 2007

Assignment 0

I do not have very much experience using computers or other technologies. I use the FSU website a lot and I have taken a few online classes over the past four years. I also have a myspace page which I use pretty regularly, but that is really all that I use the computer for outside of school.

I do not have a lot of experience with certain programs which I hope to learn about in this class. I would like to learn more about powerpoint, and other programs that will help me to become a more effective teacher. I think it is important for me to learn about new technologies because the children I will be teaching will probably know a lot about computers.

I pretty much knew that I am a more concrete learner before the exercize in class. I have always been better at understanding facts. I learned that I am a more reflective learner. I like to think about things a lot and that helps me to understand them. I also learned today that I do better when I am working by myself rather than in a group. I am a verbal learner. If I hear something, it usually sticks in my mind for a long time and pictures and graphs don't help me too much.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hopefully this class will teach you the computer skills necessary to make life easier in this world filled with technology!