Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Post #5

Computer based training is becoming more and more popular. It is a tool that allows people to learn by using software on computers. It is more focused on the student than the professor, and because of this has recently been refered to as individual lead training. It is widely used in business to train existing employees on new skills. It is also unique because the user is provided with instant feedback and can access the software 24 hours a day.

I learned a lot about the web since my last post. Before last week, I had never even heard of Wiki, but now I know hoe to create a page and post links. I think that this will be helpful to my future as a teacher because I can share my ideas with other teachers and get feedback. I can also search other teachers pages for ideas and information.

This class is helping me realize that there are a lot of things about computers and technology that I do not understand. If I am going to try to make my students interested in what they are learning, I am going to have to learn a lot more about technological advances.

No comments: