Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Post #3

There are so many types of software out there, it is almost overwhelming. Word Processing software is probably the most popular. This software creates documents that are mostly text, such as research papers, letters, and flyers. Although mainly text, word processing software usually contains clip art, tables and graphs. Spreadsheet software is also very widely used. This software is used mostly by those who work with numbers and finances, but it can be very helpful for teachers in keeping track of grades. Presentation software such as Powerpoint allows users to put together information that is visually pleasing and more portable than a huge notebook like you see in some movies. Other productivity software includes database software and Personal information software. Basically any task that you need to complete, can be accomplished by using a computer.
I enjoyed the webhunt activity. Although I was already pretty good at looking things up on the internet, the content was interesting. The questions that were asked brought me to websites that I did not know existed. I guess from this activity, I learned how much information is really out there.
After reading chapter three, I was a little overwhelmed by all the different types of software. I have always considered myself to be fairly computer literate, but there are so many things that I have never used, such as database software.

No comments: