Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Post 4

Memory is what a computer uses to store data and information. The memory contains the operating system and system software, application software and data that is processed. Memory can be volitile, lost when the computer is turned off, or non volitile, information is not lost when the computer is turned off. There are many different kinds of memory. Random Access Memory, volitile, holds information as long as the computer is on. Read Only Memory stores information that is always the same such as instructions on loading. Flash memory can be deleted an rewritten. Flash memory is used in computers as well as digital cameras, phones and mp3 players. Computers can come with different amounts of memory, but portable memory devices can also be used to add more memory space.
I have never used the program Inspiration, so learning that in class will definitly be helpful to me in my future career. Inspiration is any easy way to create concept maps which can be very useful for teachers.
I am excited because I signed up for Utube today. I have never needed it because my friends always send me videos, but now I can look them up myself and send them to other people. I know I am a little behind in that area, but I am pretty happy.

No comments: