Thursday, June 14, 2007

Post #7

Evaluating web resources is very important for those teachers who plan on using technology in the classroom. There are various factors that can be used to evaluate websites. First, Authority, or a credible author or website creator. A good website will clearly present the author and their credentials. Affiliation refers to professional organizations or companies that support the website. Purpose and objectivity are also important when evaluating a website. If there are a lot of ads and pop ups, the purpose of the website is probably sales and not information. The content validity and currency should also be examined before determining whether or not a website is good.

I have learned a lot about excel since my last posting. I have learned how to make slideshows that are interactive instead of linear, and also how to include video in a powerpoint presentation. This is going to help me a lot in my future as a teacher because all of these skills will help my presentations to be more interesting, which will help my students learn more.

So far this has been my favorite part of the class. I actually enjoy putting together the powerpoint presentations, and I enjoy seeing the final project even more. I will definitely be using powerpoint more than any other program in the future.

No comments: